Cancellation Policy for Vale Farm B&B
Unfortunately I have experienced some "no shows" so have to enforce a cancellation policy as follows:
- In the event of cancellation, no charge will be made so long as notification is received by email or phone prior to 7 days before the first day of the stay.
- Less than 7 days but more than 2 days notice the first nights stay must be paid for in full.
- Less than 48hrs notice or if for any reason guests need to adjust their stay after arrival they will be liable for the full amount.
We aim to cater for the needs of all visitors in our newly converted barn containing 6 en suite bedrooms for bed and breakfast. The following statement is a summary of our provision. If you have any specific questions please feel free to call us and we will endeavour to help.
- There is a bus stop opposite with an hourly bus service from Nuneaton or Hinckley.
- The main train station is 15 minutes away by car.
- There is a local taxi service that has accessible taxis if required; we can make a booking for you.
- Brochures and menus can be provided in large print and Braille by prior arrangement.
- We have a basic website www.valefarm-bed-and-breakfast.co.uk.
- You can contact us via phone, text, fax, or email (details below).
- Tel. or Fax 01455 212236 Mobile /07977915272 /07970696886
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- On Arrival to the property there are is a wide entrance off the road, the drive will take you into a courtyard behind the house to the tasteful restored barn.
- No marked parking bays but there is ample room for all cars, a carport is available for bikes.
- The surface is level, flat and cobbled, disabled can park close to door with prior warning making easy access to the entrance.
- We can assist guests with luggage.
- The village is a few minutes walk from the Bed and Breakfast, With local eating house The Oddfellows with very good home cooked food.
Main Entrance & Reception
- The front door has flat access to the barn.
- The front door is always locked.
- The door is 101cm wide for easy access.
- On entry into our home there is a hallway 3 by 1.5 metres.
- There is slate flooring throughout the ground floor.
Public Areas - General (Internal)
- Our hall to the ground floor bedroom and breakfast room is 1.5meters wide by 3meters.
- Halls have a good colour contrast and are well lit.
- The flooring on all surfaces on the ground floor is slate.
- The oak staircase and upstairs are all solid oak.
- The breakfast room and one bedroom are on the ground floor. 3 other bedrooms are accusable for the courtyard.
- There are 8 stairs to a landing to the 2 first floor bedrooms.
- The stairs are 18cm high, 24cm deep, 85cm wide.
Public Areas - WC
- Bedrooms are en suite but a public WC available
Dining Room /Lounge area
- Breakfast is served in the breakfast room on the ground floor. There are no steps to one of the breakfast rooms and a small step to the additional area.
- Furniture is flexible and can be moved on request.
- Table is 150cm long by 88cm wide and height of 73cm and one is gate legged. There are chairs without arms which can be moved to accommodate.
- Menus are provided in large print and can be provided in Braille by prior arrangement.
- We do not play background music in any area of the B&B.
- On request
- In Village
- In Hinckley
- Large Garden and lovely country walks
- There is 1 bedroom, on the ground floor and two on the first floor.
- Ground floor bedroom is flat access with no steps.
- There are 12 stairs to the first floor bedroom.
- The stairs are 21cm high, 27cm deep, 80cm wide.
- Door widths (main and bathroom) are 72cm wide.
- Upstairs rooms are double bedrooms and downstairs is a twin bedroom.
- At least 65cm routes within the bedroom e.g. to the side of beds, between beds and dressing table, therefore allowing for left or right transfer to beds in any combination.
- Furniture is moveable on request.
- Beds are 65cm high.
- Television with remote control some DVD/CD digital.
- Metal beds are provided.
- There is an en suite bath and shower room (see below for details).
- We have Slate floors downstairs and oak floors upstairs with slate bathrooms upstairs.
First floor bedroom
- Door width (main and bathroom) are 76cm wide
- Bathroom, Shower-room & WC en suite
Ground floor bedroom wet room en suite
- Door width 79cm, inward opening
- The shower is flat on the floor. There is one grab rail to both sides of the controls.\
- A seat is available.
- The basin is flat fronted and has clear under space. It is 86cm high.
- The toilet has left side transfer with available free space of 76cm. The toilet is 46cm high.
- There is a frame available for the toilet.
- Good colour contrast of floors, walls, fittings and fixtures
First floor Double bed room
- There is approximately 80cm between the wall and each side of the bed (the bed does move so 80cm total space is available to one side).
- There is 1.2 metres free space at the end of the bed to the dressing table and wardrobe with a width of 1.57 metres.
- There is an en suite bath/ shower room
- Bed is 65cm high.
- There is a TV with DVD/CD digital.
- Fitted slate tiles on the floor.
- Good contrast in décor
First floor Double bedroom en suite
- Door width 70cm wide opening inwards.
- Shower cubicle edge/step is 28cm high.
- Free floor space155cm x 140cm.
- Basin is a corner one.
- Toilet is 45cm high.
- Good colour contrast of walls, floor and fittings.
3 ground floor rooms with access from the courtyard.
- Doors width 90cm wide opening inwards.
- Free floor space 160cm 140cm.
- En suite bathroom consisting off wet room shower behind the door washbasin and toilet 45cm high.
- Good colour contrast of walls, floor and fittings.
Grounds and Gardens
- We have a very large enclosed garden (flower border and lawn) for residents which is available to sit in (bench table and chairs available) also a court yard at the back with a table and benches
- There is a local park child's play area in the village a short walk from the B&B where no dogs are allowed and you can get more exercise. There are local walks on the road canal banks and across fields available.
- Assistance dogs are welcomed.
- Mobile phone reception is generally good outside.
- We are able to use the front and back doors in the need of evacuation, If you require more assistance for evacuating please notify us on arrival and we will ensure you are evacuated safely e.g. hearing impairment. mobility.
- We are a no smoking building (smoking is allowed in the court yard or garden which has level entry and a asktray is provided).
- We can put items in our main fridge on request insulin ect. (not available 24hours).
- Address: Vale Farm, Stoke Lane, Higham on the Hill, Nuneaton, Warks. CV13 6ES
- Telephone: 01455 212236
- Fax: 01455 212236
- Mobile phone: 07977915272
- Website: www.valefarm-bed-and-breakfast.co.uk
Hours of operation: Hours flexible to business, the B&B is our home so occupied 24 hours. Mainline telephone answer machine
- Emergency Doctor: 02476865300
- Local public transport numbers: Bus 08706082608
- Local accessible taxi numbers: Hinckley 01455 615161 Nuneaton 02476 325555
Created on 03/08/2003
Updated on 29/06/ 2017